Having the proper estate plan can help prevent many issues for individuals and family members.
Why have a Living Trust?
There are 5 reasons to choose a Living Trust Plan as the cornerstone of an Estate Plan.
- Protect your assets during your lifetime.
- Avoid probate court proceedings.
- Save income tax advantages.
- Eliminate (or minimize) estate taxes.
- Distribute your assets the way you really intended them to be distributed.
Improper planning can cause:
- Some of your assets to be lost to pay estate taxes, income taxes, court fees, attorney fees, and other needless administration costs.
- Your assets being distributed to unintended heirs.
- Your assets being distributed at too early of an age for young relatives.
- Your assets contributing to a descendant’s bad habits rather than helping that descendant with education and overcoming bad habits.
Questions or to Begin Planning
Contact our estate planning attorney, David Ray Carver, for a consultation on all your estate planning needs.